Filesystem encryption

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 8 07:46:27 PDT 2007

:The most important thing that still prevents me to run DF on my laptop,
:is missing support for filesystem encryption - it's must have for me.
:
:Anyone has recommendations regarding this? I know, there are emulators
:etc, but this kind of workaround is not acceptable for everyday use for
:me. Note, that filesystems in general are mostly black magic for me, so
:although I'm able to code, I'm not able to port anything which requires
:deep knowledge about filesystems.
:
:FUSE would be lovely thing to have of course, but it's far over my head.
:
:--
:Hasso

    I'm not planning on it for 2.0, just getting HAMMER's base
    functionality implemented is already pretty challenging.  But there's
    nothing particularly difficult about the concept.

					<dillon at backplane.com>