Filesystem encryption

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Fri Oct 19 22:26:39 PDT 2007

Chris Turner wrote:
> Matthew Dillon wrote:
>
>>     That would actually work, though it would be kinda hokey.
>>

> my memory was rusty -  had looked into this previously &
> looks like the open 'svnd' does as mentioned above:
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=svnd&sektion=4

Missed the updated entry - hot off the presses !

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=mount_vnd&sektion=8&format=html

Using this to simplify the vn disk UI seems like a good idea although
the concept of 'mounting' an individual /dev/ entry makes me a little
queasy .. need to update my Open machines and check it out I suppose..

Possibly will peruse this over time.. gearing up for sio investigation
followed by a little vkernel.conf action first though.. need more hours
in the day!