cvs commit: src/sys/dev/disk/fd fd.c fdc.h

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Mon May 21 23:49:29 PDT 2007

Francois Tigeot wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 08:34:57PM -0400, Matt Emmerton wrote:

Gergo Szakal wrote:

On Mon, 21 May 2007 18:57:29 +0200
Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom at telia.com> wrote:

Isn't it about time to drop support for floppies soon?

No, floppies are still great, especially on legacy hardware.

Yeah indeed, but I would drop (E)ISA bus support and hardware that uses
(E)ISA. I haven't seen anyone use it for a looong time.

EISA is long dead and can go away
ISA is still used on modern hardware -- anything without USB mouse/keyboard
uses ISA under the covers, along with other stuff.

And you can still buy modern machines with real ISA expansion slots. Core2 Duo
PCs with ISA slots seem a bit weird, but they exist.

You are right, but I think because DragonFly is a small sized project we
should be trying to support the most common modern hardware, instead of
ancient hardware that barely no one uses these days.