C-- (was: Re: Development)

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Sat May 19 17:26:37 PDT 2007

Simon corecode Schubert wrote:

> However, there won't be any C++ in the list of things to do.  The only thing
> which uses C++ in DragonFly is groff, and I would be happier without this.

was just thinking about this issue - any thoughts about:

  http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/doctools.html

Seems to be mostly under CDDL[1]_, which might be 'yet another'
license to throw into the mix, but based on a quick scan (IANAL),
doesn't seem much different than the GNU/Groff combination, plus
it's more like 'real' **ix  ..

Probably not anyone's top priority .. and from what I understand
groff is a bit 'smarter' about processing pipelines, so this might break
various pkgsrc items that expect a groff, but in any case, would remove
C++ code from base. Plus there's grap(1)!

- Chris

. . [1] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/licensing/opensolaris_license/