Anyone got a trailer I can borrow?

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Tue Mar 20 08:42:20 PDT 2007

Nigel Weeks wrote:
Just wondering if DragonFly will ever support UltraSPARC platforms?

It's a silly question, as I already know it depends entirely on manpower,
but have a look at what showed up on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220092087657
26 processors, 26GB ram, 4 scsi cards, 2 gigabit NICs.

It'd be a nice system to test SMP/clustering code, without needing multiple
machines...

Nigel Weeks
Tech Support and Systems Developer
Rural Press Tasmania
The Examiner Newspaper
Ph. 03 6336 7234
Mob. 0408 133 738
Email.  nweeks at examiner.com.au

Yah well... it might also be like the Data Printer CT-1064 1000 LPM monster I
once picked up for my Z-80 for a mere US$100.

Helps if you own your own coal mine to power the half-ton beast....

;-)

Multiple machines are probably a more realistic test anyway.

Plus - they need not be 24 X 7 X 365 dedicated or even necessarily on the same
continent.

Volunteers joining/leaving the test 'pool' on some spare/idle time schedule
CETI style would provide a real test...
Bill