To be a new DFly commiter

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Mar 16 14:24:52 PDT 2007

Can you please fix your MUA to follow mailing list etiquettes with
regard to line length? Thanks.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 08:47:47PM +0100, grzela at seculture.com wrote:
> I don't like pkgsrc because this limitations:
> 1. Many packages in pkgsrc are obsolete, and there are no development
> version of almost all packages (i wan't to see new version of dbmail,
> xorg and enlightenment 0.17 in packages system).

Not running behind every development version is a feature. Even the
stable releases of many programs are bad enough...

I don't know about enlightenment. Ask the maintainer for dbmail, he
might or might not have a reason. Keep in mind that many of us use this
software on our server, so we are somewhat reluctant to randomly update
working code.

Modular Xorg is work in progress. Don't know which "newer" versions you
want to see as the supported parts are almost all up-to-date.

> 2. Many packages in pkgsrc are configured with '--without-threading'
> option, because not all systems which pkgsrc work on support threading.
> I want omit this limitation.

I find only xerces-c, where it is disabled by default. The rest use
whatever the packages does by default. I don't know what you base your
opinion on, it certainly isn't because some of the platforms lack thread
support (in which case pth would be used automatically).

Joerg