wiki log of #dragonfly irc channel

Clemens Hintze cle-dgfly at qiao.in-berlin.de
Fri Mar 9 12:19:37 PST 2007

Am 09.03.2007 um (09) 02:28 schrieb Helge Rohde:

(...)

countries. I believe the reasoning goes along the lines of: they
have an
urgent suspicion that there is evidence against you (the encrypted
partition ), so they can put you into 'Beugehaft' (= coercive
detention)
As I understand it, this cannot happen that way in Germany! If your
e.g. friend are under investigation and they mean *you* have anything
to tell to help them (e.g. you having the passphrase to your friend's
crypto container), they can put you into coercive detention, if you
do not want to coorperate.

But if they suspect *you* have done something criminal, they cannot
force you to help them to get any evidence against you!

But I am not a lawyer, so I may err here ...

cheers,
Helge
Ciao,
Clemens.