[REPOST] Last mounted on...?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Mar 6 12:55:20 PST 2007

[ Maybe the kernel list was the wrong place for this? ]

I'm noticing a change in the expected behavior of fsck...the "last
mounted on" field is missing. I did see the message a while back
that Matt Dillon posted acknowledging that this was broken:

Matt Dillon wrote:
> I've noticed this too.  The last mounted on information is stored in
> the superblock.  I think I did something to it a while ago (like a year)
> that stopped it from doing the writeback.  I'll take a look at it but
> I don't consider it a critical issue.

So, two questions:

Has anyone taken a look yet?

Is there a way to get this information without checking /etc/fstab?

Thanks in advance.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Politeness and telling the truth are, to your certain knowledge and
mine, often opposites.  Any society which enjoins its members to
adhere to both of these is a fraud.  All sorts of compromise formulae
have been devised to gloss over or obscure this basic weakness.
It remains nonetheless.

This is not an exhortation to abandon politeness or telling the
truth. It is a statement which has to be carefully thought about.