1.8.x: ACPI problems

Tero Mäntyvaara termant at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 04:03:56 PST 2007

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:48:27AM +0200, Tero M?ntyvaara wrote:
>> When I boot DF normally to ACPI mode and prompt appears, I can't write
>> anything to prompt.
>
> "prompt" means the login prompt ("login:" or "#")?
(1)
I meant login prompt ("login:")

> Are you using the GENERIC kernel that came with the installer, or a custom
> kernel?
(2)
Using default kernel came with installer

> What happens if you boot into the boot loader(type 6 in the boot
> menu) and type the following two lines:
>   set debug.acpi.disabled="ec"
>   boot -sv
(3)
I get

	Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:

and again I can not write anything to prompt like keyboard is not
responding to any input.

>> But If I boot to non-ACPI-mode, everything works
>> just fine, but I can't get to sigle user mode, because prompt freezes
>> there too...
>
> By "everything works just fine" you mean it manages to boot into
> multi-user mode in which you see "login:" prompt, but once you issue
> # shutdown now
> command and it goes to single-user mode, it stops responding to
> your key stroke, right?  If so, it sounds like a USB keyboard issue,
> but I may be wrong...
(4)
When I issue

	# shutdown now

command in non-ACPI multiuser mode, it outputs the same as in section
(3) and after hitting RETURN prompt responds to input normaly.

My keyboard (Logitech Internet Pro/Y-sZ49) is not USB-version, it is
connected to PS/2-port.

How should I debug the issue further?

--
Tero Mäntyvaara