Watching a file system

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Jun 26 13:56:57 PDT 2007

Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     If you just want a summary of what files were accessed you can use
>     ncptrace from /usr/src/test/debug/ncptrace.c.  Read the header on
>     how to compile it.  You would then be able to 'ncptrace /mnt' (or
>     wherever you mounted the CD) to dump the namecache for that mount
>     point.  You can clear the cache by unmounting and remounting the CD.

# cc -I/usr/src/sys ncptrace.c -o /usr/local/bin/ncptrace -lkvm
ncptrace.c: In function `dumpncp':
ncptrace.c:133: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
ncptrace.c:143: error: `NCF_MOUNTPT' undeclared (first use in this function)
ncptrace.c:143: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ncptrace.c:143: error: for each function it appears in.)

I do like this idea though.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

A man had lost a ring. His friend stopped by that morning
and offered to help. By late-afternoon, his friend remarked
"I don't see it anywhere. Are you sure you lost your ring
here?"
"Oh no," replied the man, "I lost it in the room over
there...but the room is too dark. Here I can see better."