Using PKGSRC to install to non-standard LOCALBASE

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Jun 26 10:53:28 PDT 2007

reed  <reed at reedmedia.net> writes:
> The "pkgviews" support is supposed to be able to do that also. I have used
> it before, but last time I tried it didn't work for me anymore. (I have
> read postings from others indicating it does work though.)

Thanks for the pointer. I was unable to immediately determine how
to get it to use a different LOCALBASE, but I have to say it's
a fine idea in theory.

I haven't put the requisite time in to consider whether the
infrastructure work Matt Dillon on his new filesystem (i.e. the
different views of a directory) might be a better solution to the
problem that pkgviews is solving, but I'd certainly love to hear what
more experienced minds have to say on this topic.

In the meantime, I guess I'll be using the chrooted alternate pkgsrc
build environment.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

"It is a dragon, destroyer of all," cried the ants.

Then a cat caught the lizard.