umodem? driver

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jun 15 10:34:57 PDT 2007

:Hi I've got a compaq evo n620c laptop and I mainly use it for car
:navigation, experimenting with operating systems, and embedded systems
:test platform.
:For navigation i use an explorist 210 device by Maggelan, which in
:linux it just works with the cdc-acm.ko kernel driver.
:In dflybsd i fount that the corresponding driver is the umodem one,
:which btw it will not work whithout first loading the ucom module.
:by running
:gpsd /dev/umodem0
:the gpsd app can not open the device for reading.
:The specific h/w issue will decide if I can continue with dfbsd or not
:so any help would be greatly appreciated.
:regards

    Support for USB serial ports is somewhat half hazzard.  We might be
    able to check for driver updates given the USB attach message in
    the dmesg output (from when you plug the device in), but otherwise
    you might be out of luck.

					<dillon at backplane.com>