umodem? driver

Ilias Nakos nakosmeister at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:58:38 PDT 2007

Hi I've got a compaq evo n620c laptop and I mainly use it for car
navigation, experimenting with operating systems, and embedded systems
test platform.
For navigation i use an explorist 210 device by Maggelan, which in
linux it just works with the cdc-acm.ko kernel driver.
In dflybsd i fount that the corresponding driver is the umodem one,
which btw it will not work whithout first loading the ucom module.
by running
gpsd /dev/umodem0
the gpsd app can not open the device for reading.
The specific h/w issue will decide if I can continue with dfbsd or not
so any help would be greatly appreciated.
regards