Release 1.10 update - 31-Jul-07

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 31 22:20:03 PDT 2007

:> At least since three releases or so the bootstrap is being installed and
:> pkgsrc tools can directly be used.  This won't change, so yes, there
:> will be a pkgsrc bootstrap installed.
:
:Hmmm, maybe I'm thinking of the pkgsrc src tree... is that included as
:well?

    No.  We only include kernel sources on the CD.  Generally speaking there
    isn't much of a point including anything else on a CD, but I would love
    to see an nrelease target for a DVD which preinstalls all sorts of
    nice packages and contains the full pkgsrc tree and full sources to
    everything, uncompressed and ready to use.

					<dillon at backplane.com>