Release 1.10 update - 31-Jul-07

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Tue Jul 31 16:07:10 PDT 2007

> The 1.10 release is looking a lot better now.  We are basically
>     just waiting for a new pkgsrc bootstrap kit and a little more
>     testing.

a) is the pkgsrc bootstrap kit installed along with the system?  or  b)
does the installer ask to install it?  or c) is this something that
requires manual installation afterward?

In the past I recall having had to download stuff and then do a bunch of
voodoo to make it work, which although not difficult, seemed like an
unnecessary fault point for anyone unfamiliar with the process -- so, it
will be a major step in the right direction if we can get away from the
"install your own package system" that most people (or at least me) are
uncomfortable with...  heh.