Open Mosix

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jul 16 14:20:54 PDT 2007

:
:I think it is not irrelevant to mention here the announcement:
:http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=715406
:
:"Moshe Bar, openMosix founder and project leader, has announced plans to end
:the openMosix Project effective March 1, 2008.
:
:The increasing power and availability of low cost multi-core processors is
:rapidly making single-system image (SSI) Clustering less of a factor in
:computing. The direction of computing is clear and key developers are
:moving into newer virtualization approaches and other projects. "

    Well, I don't think multi-core really solves the same problem that SSI
    does, but I also firmly believe that doing SSI properly requires complete
    integration into the kernel to really be effective.

					<dillon at backplane.com>