Release update

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jul 26 13:45:03 PDT 2007

    There are two outstanding issues which I think have to be fixed
    before we can release.

    The first is that loading EHCI (usb) at boot time causes USB hard
    drives to fail to detect.

    The second is that 'vinum start' often winds up corrupting the whole
    kernel in a fairly scary way (causes unrelated filesystems to fail,
    panic, or otherwise have issues).

    So for the moment I am going to say we will try to release Monday instead
    of tomorrow, and I hope to be able to locate and fix these bugs by then.

    The release branch now exists and is viable.  It is ready to go apart
    from the above two issues.