Kernel modules: DF versus FBSD?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jul 19 19:50:59 PDT 2007

:I've been using the DFly boot loader to boot FBSD-current
:because our loader will work correctly with extended/logical
:partitions -- and FBSD wasn't interested in fixing theirs
:when I pointed them to our loader patches.
:
:Well, recently FBSD made some kind of a change which stops
:our boot loader from loading their kernel modules -- I have
:no idea what causes the problem.  Anyone here know what the
:difference might be?
:
:Thanks!

    I don't know, you need to experiment a bit.  See if you can ls
    the files from the boot loader prompt, see what error messages
    you get, if any, when you load them with the boot loader.

					<dillon at backplane.com>