OpenLDAP problem

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Mon Jan 8 22:54:07 PST 2007

Took me 2 hours to figure out I missed to add this ACL:

access to attrs=userPassword
       by self write
       by * auth
*rolls eyes*

Cheers though,

Petr

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Petr Janda wrote:
but when i try to bind:

porncatalog# ldapsearch -D
"uid=dns,ou=daemons,dc=webgate,dc=net,dc=au" -W
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
either you may have to set the password with ldappasswd or such so
that you have it crypted, or maybe you have to pass -x?

aside from that, what are the credentials for the root dn of the
server?  ldapsearch has to start somewhere I guess.  What about
ldapsearch -b cn=somezone,ou=zones,dc=webgate,dc=net,dc=au ?

switching on debugging in the ldap server helps a lot.

cheers
 simon