buildworld error v1.8 - undefined reference to `EVP_sha256'

j s joes1958 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:20:31 PST 2007

Here's the error.  I have attempted building several times including
from a cleaned /usr/src and cvsup with tag=.  and
tag=DragonFly_RELEASE_1_8_Slip
cc -O -pipe -mtune=pentiumpro
-I/usr/src/secure/libexec/sftp-server/../../lib/libssh
-I/usr/src/secure/libexec/sftp-server/../../../crypto/openssh-4
-L/usr/pkg/lib -o sftp-server sftp-server.o sftp-common.o -lssh
-lcrypto
/usr/obj/usr/src/world_i386/usr/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to
`EVP_sha256'
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src/secure/libexec/sftp-server.
*** Error code 1
I've modified make.conf to avoid building certain subsystems:

NO_BIND=        true    # do not build BIND
NO_GAMES=       true    # do not enter the games subdirectory
NO_I4B= true    # do not build isdn4bsd package
NO_LPR= true    # do not build lpr and related programs
NO_SENDMAIL=    true    # do not build sendmail and related programs
Don't know where to go with this and a suggestion would be very helpful.