Interrupt affinity and MSI for high performance packet forwarding

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Wed Jan 3 09:57:16 PST 2007

On 2007-01-03 02:17, Brett Warden wrote:
I'm doing some evaluation of DragonFly with regard to high performance
IP forwarding on multi-core systems. My preliminary results yield
pretty poor results with 64-byte frames on GbE (comparable to NetBSD
but substantially less impressive than Linux). I was wondering if
there are any good tweaks I should use to improve performance?
I might be wrong here, but I don't think that the network-code is all
out from under the BGL yet, which would mean that you probably won't get
any extra performance from more cors/CPUs.

By the way, which version are you running, unless you are running latest
PREVIEW you might want to test that since they are getting close to
making a new release, which means that there might be quite a difference
between 1.6 and PREVIEW (or HEAD).

--
Erik Wikström