Journals and jscan

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Tue Jan 23 01:53:34 PST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:26:42 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>      Now that virtual kernels are working you can play with that stuff
>      inside a virtual kernel.

	Not yet on Preview it seems - a make buildkernel KERNCONF=VKERNEL
dies with huge numbers of undefined reference errors to globaldata.
copyinstr, copyin, inittodr, ovbcopy and many more,

	I also tried checking out the head building world and vkernel,
installing the head world on the vn based filesystem - and with

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/obj/usr/head/src/world_i386/usr/lib ./kernel.debug -m
128m -r /var/vkernel/rootimg.01

	it nearly worked - but:

panic: Cannot configure kqueue for SIGIO, update your kernel
Trace beginning at frame 0xbfbff5e4
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

	I'll wait until Preview gets slipped up a bit before trying this
again :)