changes in Firefox are not kept

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 4 10:39:31 PST 2007

:
:>
:> Ok, must be some rights issue. When I start it as root, it works ok.
:
:It went very wrong again. Now I checked all permissions in
:.mozilla/firefox/*.defaults, compared them with another computer, and
:corrected/changed where different: a lot of files missed the
:w-permission. Now it works ok. I want to advise strongly that the
:permissions are corrected in the upcoming 1.8 release of DF.

    The permissions are not controlled by DragonFly, they are controlled
    by firefox.

    Maybe the problem is your umask.  What is your umask set to ?

					<dillon at backplane.com>