Native jdk build - success

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Feb 20 14:27:35 PST 2007

Hi,

Today, I finally succeeded in building a native version of wip/jdk14.

The big difference with my previous attempts was the DragonFly version:
1.4.5-RELEASE

So, we have:

1.4.5 => success
1.6.2 => failure
1.8.0 => failure

No matter what version of the pkgsrc system I used, the results were the
same.

The error was also the same in all cases:

Error: failed /usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because Undefined symbol "JNI_CreateJavaVM"

Sadly, I'm not sure I will be able to pinpoint what exactly has changed between
1.4 and 1.6 to cause this.

--
Francois Tigeot