jail/virtual servers and multiple network interfaces

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Feb 1 23:31:41 PST 2007

Jeffrey Williams wrote:
One thing I have always found frustrating is the inability to set up a
additional network interfaces on the machine so that they can be
dedicated to the jailed servers, in such a way that all the host's
network traffic stays on the primary interface, and all the jail's
network traffic uses its own dedicated interface.  i.e. a virtual
network stack, for the jailed server, that can be bound directly to a
separate NIC than the one used by the host environment.
Not quite it, but what happens when you assign the second NIC's IP to the jail?

Anyways, I was curious if this type of functionality is being
implemented, or in consideration for implementation, in DragonFlyBSD?
Not yet.  It adds quite some infrastructure as well, so I am not sure if it is worth it.  Apart from that, we're always happy to welcome enthusiastic developers :)

cheers
 simon
signature.asc