xmms plugin question

Huub v.niekerk at hccnet.nl
Fri Feb 23 13:11:37 PST 2007

I find it's not that simple.  When I start xmms I see this error:
/usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.so: Undefined symbol "read_audio_data"
and so the CD player never shows in the Configure dialog.
I don't know why the symbol is missing.  I wonder if this another ld-elf
problem?
Earlier I installed xmms on NetBSD 3.1 (by pkg_add, not from pkgsrc),
and after some testing on the correct /dev and directory, the mp3's play
nicely. On Solaris, after finding out dev and directory, it plays nice
as well. On Fedora Core 6 it won't add tracks to the playlist.