KDE and OpenSSL = Broken

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Feb 14 03:00:02 PST 2007

Kimura Fuyuki wrote:
It's been ages. KDE without SSL is kind of half usable... :S
That's the very reason I gave up the DragonFly installation. (for now, I hope)
Seems you have some debug-fu, maybe you can help fix it?

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = https pid = 916 signal = 6
that's the interesting point.  who throws std::bad_alloc, and why?  does it allocate too much or does it free wrong?  no clue what could produce a std::bad_alloc.

3. who's bad?

a. pkgsrc
b. kdelibs
c. libltdl
d. rtld
f. kernel
a,b,c seems to be ok?
i'm pretty sure it is in b or a.  the warning messages are kind of expected, because kde tries both old and new openssl symbols.

4. surprise ending

must be.
definitely.  bad_alloc is my bet, but who knows...

cheers
 simon
signature.asc