Announcing pkg_search

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 4 10:24:31 PST 2007

:Hi guys,
:
:I wrote a small script called pkg_search to help me searching my local
:pkgsrc tree for a package without using "bmake search key=".  Its not
:a big deal, but it eases my daily pkg_add life a bit :)
:
:Example:
:
:# pkg_search fvwm
:fvwm-2.4.20         	Newer version of X11 Virtual window manager
:fvwm-2.5.24         	Development version of X11 Virtual window manager
:fvwm-themes-0.6.2nb8	Configuration framework for fvwm2 with samples
:fvwm-wharf-1.0nb1   	Copy of AfterStep's Wharf compatible with fvwm2
:fvwm1-1.24rnb1      	Virtual window manager for X

    Oooh, nice, I've always wanted a little program to do that.

    While it may not be the correct place, I don't want to lose this little
    tidbit so I am going to import it directly into our /usr/bin.  We can
    always clean it up later but being a nice simple little script I don't
    think we need to create a contrib infrastructure for it.

					<dillon at backplane.com>