DragonFly over Sony Vaio

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Tue Dec 11 13:35:32 PST 2007

Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:21:00 +0100
"Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode at fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
My ancient Vaio C1XS does not come with a CD-ROM drive, and will only boot
off of a Sony-branded PCMCIA-based CD-ROM drive.
So that kinda sucks. :)
How do you ever install an OS on this box?
In the case of my ancient C1XD (more or less the same as the C1XS), I
managed by
-> using LILO from preinstalled Windows or floppy (don't
remember),
-> from Linux, setting up network block device server, and
then
-> used a Linux host running QEmu with harddisk set to the (then
connected) network block device.
Or just plug its disk into another box and install from there.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx