DragonFly over Sony Vaio

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Tue Dec 11 13:28:33 PST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:21:00 +0100
"Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode at fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:

> > My ancient Vaio C1XS does not come with a CD-ROM drive, and will only boot
> > off of a Sony-branded PCMCIA-based CD-ROM drive.
> >
> > So that kinda sucks. :)
>
> How do you ever install an OS on this box?

In the case of my ancient C1XD (more or less the same as the C1XS), I
managed by
-> using LILO from preinstalled Windows or floppy (don't
remember),
-> from Linux, setting up network block device server, and
then
-> used a Linux host running QEmu with harddisk set to the (then
connected) network block device.

Easy, eh?

:-) -hwh (over and out to wait-for-hammerfs-mode again...)