Hunting for missing ACPI interrupt

David Murray dave at nospam.murray.name
Sun Aug 19 15:48:54 PDT 2007

Hi Walt,

On Sun 19/8/07 11:12 pm, walt wrote:

David Murray wrote:
I've got box here where the front-panel power button has never worked
- it doesn't shut the system down...
My BIOS has setable options for how the power switch should behave,
e.g. how many seconds I must hold it down before the power actually
shuts off. Does your BIOS have something similar?
Pressing and holding does turn the power off, without any interaction
with Dragonfly.

My problem is with pressing and releasing the power button.  That should
cause the ACPI system to have Dragonfly shut down cleanly.  But it seems
the interrupt that starts this process never arrives at its handler, and
it's that that I'm trying to diagnose.

--
David Murray