"New" DragonFly user

Andre LeClaire aleclaire at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 14:33:30 PDT 2007

Greetings to all! I'm a new DragonFly user, though I've been running
FreeBSD for 10 years or so. I've been watching the development of
DragonFly for some time, and now that FreeBSD 4 is officially dead, I
decided it was time to switch.
And so, I backed up my FreeBSD 4.11 installation and installed DragonFly
1.10.1. The upgrade went fairly smoothly, and I felt at home right away.
I can see that some great enhancements have been made, and more are in
progress.
The only problem I've experienced is that the floppy drive is no longer
recognized. It's configured in the kernel, but I get "fdc0: cannot
reserve I/O port range" in dmesg. I know floppies are antique, but it
would be nice if I could get it to work again. Can anybody give any clues?

Thanks!

Andre