Hunting for missing ACPI interrupt

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Sun Aug 19 15:57:11 PDT 2007

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 07:55:35PM +0100, David Murray wrote:
> Anyway, it turns out the power button doesn't work because the ACPI
> interrupt never appears, at least according to vmstat -i.  Building the
> ACPI module with debug shows that it seems to be doing all the right
> things - it figures out where the registers are in i/o space, enables
> ACPI, installs a handler and unmasks the power button as an interrupt
> source.  And pressing the button *does* toggle the corresponding status
> bit, so the hardware really ought to be generating an interrupt at this
> point.

Does it generate interrupts under FreeBSD?  I'm not sure if their
ACPI module is compiled with debug supports, though.

> I did take a look through the FreeBSD ACPI mailing list (I'm assuming
> the Dragonfly code's still pretty similar) but found only lots of
> problems with interrupt storms, not interrupt droughts.

similar to that of early FreeBSD 5, with some modifications to
compile with newer ACPICA code and some fixes ported over from FreeBSD.
I think there are still a lot of things to port from FreeBSD.

Cheers.