Trying to setup PF and spamd...hell!

elekktretterr at exemail.com.au elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Thu Aug 9 14:34:17 PDT 2007

>   Jeremy C. Reed

Ok, i had my piece of hell with it but i have it working now.

Im using mail/spamd from pkgsrc. I will explain my solutions to my
problems here in case someone is hit by them too.

1) the "__nonexistent_problem" is solved by compiling spamd like this:

env PFCTL=`which pfctl` bmake install clean

this should be already done on the port itself. can it be fixed?

2) make sure /var/db/spamd is writable by world by the user spamd runs as
( i think _spamd)

3) mount_fdesc fdesc /dev/fd

4) spamlogd must be running otherwise the pf tables wont get updated.

Ive still got to solve one little problem which is, is there a way to run
spamlogd on start up via rc.conf, such as spamlogd="YES" ?

Thanks,
Petr