Warning, objcache(cluster mbuf): Exhausted!

Peter Avalos pavalos at theshell.com
Sat Aug 4 15:39:15 PDT 2007

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 02:46:11PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     I'm getting some weird numbers when I run netstat -m on crater.  I am
>     not sure if there is an mbuf leak or a statistics leak somewhere or
>     not.   At the moment I'm still moving ahead with the release, though.

Now that you mention it, this is kind of strange:

# netstat -m
180/65536 mbufs in use (current/max):
261/32768 mbuf clusters in use (current/max)
        441 mbufs and mbuf clusters allocated to data
567 Kbytes allocated to network (0% of mb_map in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

# sysctl kern.ipc.nmbufs kern.ipc.nmbclusters
kern.ipc.nmbufs: 65536
kern.ipc.nmbclusters: 32768

# egrep kern.ipc /boot/loader.conf
kern.ipc.nmbclusters=32768