Warning, objcache(cluster mbuf): Exhausted!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Aug 4 14:50:14 PDT 2007

:Now look how stupid I am. I accidentally exposed my 3128 port to the
:World Wide Web and all creatures from the dark wilderness were trying to
:abuse it. I have restricted it properly now and pflog reports about 100
:connection attempts to port 3128.
:
:Matt, your hints led me to the final solution and I am very grateful.
:Thanks a lot!
:
:--
:Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars at gmail.com>

    Thats good.  You should also check the limits you have set for squid
    since even with the open port machine resources should not be exhausted
    of squid's limits are properly set.

    I'm getting some weird numbers when I run netstat -m on crater.  I am
    not sure if there is an mbuf leak or a statistics leak somewhere or
    not.   At the moment I'm still moving ahead with the release, though.