USB flash drive oddity

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed Apr 4 03:53:23 PDT 2007

	Hi,

	I've been trying a no name mp3 player (USB flash).

	One thing surprised me - it mounts on /mnt automatically on
insertion but I cannot find where this is being controlled from (I didn't
put anything in usbd.conf for it). It's neat but I sort of wonder what
happens in /mnt is in use.

	I'm also having some problems - unmounting it produces error
messages (below) and files written to it are sometimes corrupt (I suspect
that data is not always flushed).

Apr  4 11:49:52 df1 kernel: umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT
Apr  4 11:49:58 df1 kernel: umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
Apr  4 11:50:03 df1 kernel: umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
Apr  4 11:50:03 df1 kernel: (da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): Synchronize cache
failed, status == 0x4, scsi status == 0x0
Apr  4 11:50:03 df1 kernel: umass0: Invalid CSW: tag 131 should be 132