How to disable the boot0 menu?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Sep 26 14:26:11 PDT 2006

:    The boot0 menu is run from "/boot/loader.rc".  You can pretty much
:    do whatever you want there... in the forth language :-)
:
:    It is also possible to bypass the forth loader entirely by
:    modifying /boot.config (the boot2 config file).  By default boot2
:    runs /boot/loader but you can give it a different command to run
:    in /boot.config.  I'm not entirely sure of the format, it might just
:    be the path to the program to load and options, e.g. '/kernel', or it
:    might not.  If you screw up you might have to boot from the live CD
:    to get back in and fix it.

    Oops, I'm sorry I misspoke.  I meant the boot2 menu.  People have already
    posted how to get rid of the boot0 menu.

    However, I recommend against it.  Having the prompts there give you a
    safety valve to boot a backup kernel or boot into single-user mode if
    you blow something up.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>