boot problem, disk mess.. thinking of suicide.

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Mon Sep 25 01:10:39 PDT 2006

Am 25.09.2006 um 08:33 schrieb Vladimir Mitiouchev:

It was complete mess, but i
recovered about 90% of system and 100% of my private data. I smiled,
and did a coffee brake. Than reboot... The same. So, fdisk -b
/dev/ad0, disklabel -B /dev/ad0s2... Reboot and.. Missing operating
system.
IMHO, a good measure when running in development OSs is to have at
least two independant installations. One installation for compiling
and testing new stuff, another one in known good shape for recovery.
Once the test OS runs a few days to your satisfaction, clone it over
to the other OS partition.

You can share a private data and a swap partition between both of
them, ending with at least 4 partitions. 65 GB is plenty of room for
such stuff.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/