Do we need getpwuid_r?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 22 15:12:44 PDT 2006

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 02:10:19PM -0700, walt wrote:

>> ...the recent pkgsrc upgrade to gnome 2.16 fails,

> What exactly? Can't remember any direct breakage related to that.

Hm.  I just saw your post announcing gnome-2.16, so now I'm puzzled.

The breakage was while compiling the gnome-about-me applet, part of
gnome-control-center.  The compiler complained that getpwuid_r was
not found.

As I said yesterday, my pkgsrc collection on DF is a mess right now,
so maybe I borked something important.

The most urgent problem seems to be that fc-cache refuses to work,
which prevents several other packages from installing.  Are you
seeing any problems while running fc-cache?