Hints on kernel config for a dula pII/450 system anyone?

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 05:16:47 PDT 2006

onflybsd.org> <450DE1EA.7090303 at xxxxxxxxx> <450de68a$0$789$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <450de82f$0$790$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <450dedb2$0$787$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <450e79fe$0$787$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <450e8785$0$786$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sorry, but I don't want to continue this type of discussion.
Of course I will test by putting the HDD into another computer and fire
it up, and see if the problem occurs there as well (no time now, need to
get a UP kernel, as the SMP one does not like UP machines :-P). Thought
I could help in testing the stable branch by setting up a production MP
machine, since this is the only way I can contribute right now.
As previously stated, I'd be the happiest to throw this piece of hw out
(or create a linux desktop from it, muhaha) and get a brand new machine
to run the firewall on.
If you can prove that the problem is caused by the machine itself,
please do it (I don't consider statements like 'It's old cr*p' as
proof), else let's wait for someone else who dug into the problematic
code. Sorry for being a bit harsh, no offense meant, but somehow the
countless appearance of sentences like 'get a new box' frustrates me. :-(