bsdstats.org

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 11 07:39:36 PDT 2006

:On Mon, September 11, 2006 8:28 am, Jonas Trollvik wrote:
:> If included by default, the installer could ask a question right
:> before it's finished.
:
:Something to ask the BSD Installer folks, several of which are already
:subscribed here...
:
:I'd like to see it on by default, myself.  There's no security issues I
:can see offhand, since it's benign and can be turned off.

    Generally speaking I like the idea of having it in the distribution.
    I've had several conversations with Marc G. Fournier about it.

    The only thing I would really want to add would be a probe for
    internet access using 'dig' so the cron job doesn't stick around
    forever if the machine doesn't happen to have connectivity.

    It would be disabled by default, of course, but we would encourage
    enabling it via /etc/periodic.conf.  If someone wants to bring it
    in please go ahead!

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>