Is fc-cache broken on -current?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 27 12:57:49 PDT 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Does the problem still exist?

Unfortunately yes, as of today.

> Can you install and deinstall the package and install again and the
> configuration files are handled correctly?

I re-installed the old config files (which I saved) and did a new
rebuild/reinstall of fontconfig:

=> Running POST-INSTALL script actions
Installing files needed by fontconfig-2.4.0nb1:

        /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/conf.d/20-fix-globaladvance.conf
<many similar lines snipped for brevity>

        /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf already exists.      <-----------
        /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.dtd already exists.       <-----------

/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts: failed to write cache
/usr/pkg/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi: failed to write cache
<many similar lines snipped>

As I previously posted, those 'failed to write cache' errors disappear
when I manually update /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig.

I would have posted my problem to the pkgsrc mail lists, except that
my NetBSD-current machine never had this problem.  (No idea why.)