Hints on kernel config for a dula pII/450 system anyone?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Sep 21 09:38:30 PDT 2006

:..
:>      is in host order and when it is in network order.  It just needs to
:>      stay in network order.  Second, we need to abstract the m_sharecount()
:>      function so it works with non-cluster extensions.
:
:I was thinking about that as well. What about copying (!) the
:interesting fields into the mbuf header itself and really making mbufs
:append/prepend only?
:
:Joerg

    Well, we can't make them append/prepend only... significant manipulation
    of mbufs occurs beyond field flipping.

    I don't think we need to cache fields in host-form in the mbuf either.
    ntohl() has an overhead of 2.5ns (or less).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>