What do do when neither cdrecord/burncd work for me anymore?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Sep 20 09:29:58 PDT 2006

    Oh wait.  That might not work... cause you would have to remove the
    live CD to test burning a new one :-(

    Hmm.  Well, the issue here is still to somehow be able to test an
    older system to see if it was something we did or whether it is
    something else.

    Do you have any USB memory sticks ?  You might be able to copy a bootable
    system from an older live CD to a USB memory stick and boot from the
    memory stick, and that would free up the CD Rom drive to be able to test
    burncd.