Hints on kernel config for a dula pII/450 system anyone?

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 03:51:34 PDT 2006

onflybsd.org> <450DE1EA.7090303 at xxxxxxxxx> <450de68a$0$789$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <450de82f$0$790$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <450dedb2$0$787$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bill Hacker wrote:

> We've all been (still are) there w/r the economics.
>
> But when funds are needed elsewhere, and 'run what hardware you have' is
> mandatory, then DFLY would not be the best choice.
>
> For that to change sooner, rather than someday-maybe, best to leave the
> 'scarce resource' DFLY dev team to concentrate on current,
> reasonably-mainstream hardware.
>
> Hard enough to keep up with 5-week/month-old goods, let alone 5+ *years*
> old.

While completely sharing your point, my opinion is that testing DF on
older (or any x86) hardware may help catching bugs that are otherwise
hidden. :-)