Hints on kernel config for a dula pII/450 system anyone?

Gergo Szakal bastyaelvtars at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 17:01:46 PDT 2006

onflybsd.org>

Bill Hacker wrote:
> Might sound harsh, but you'd be time and money (electric bill alone)
> ahead to scrap that PII/450 antique.

You are absolutely right, if this were an option, I'd do it, but this is
not my machine, a friend asked me to set this up as a filtering bridge
for him, and I wanted to install an OS that is a) capable of powerful
packet filtering, b) has good SMP support (otherwise I'd have installed
OpenBSD and forget, but now that's harsh :-P).
I'll convince the guy to get another machine, but TBH I'd like to try
out DF in a production environment on a multiprocessor machine.