Problem with Xorg conf

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Sep 27 09:50:56 PDT 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Frank Petitjean wrote:

> At Xorg start up, in the file Xorg.0.log.old, I have a warning the message :
> "(WW) The directory "/usr/pkg/xorg/lib/X11/fonts/CID/" does not exist.
> Entry deleted from font path."
>
> I noted that the directory /usr/pkg/xorg/lib/X11/fonts/CID/ has not been
> created on my disk, but this pth is present in the xorg.conf file.

Simply remove that entry for CID fonts from your xorg.conf configuration.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CID-keyed_font to see if you really need
it.

> And when Xorg terminates :
> "FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/pkg/xorg/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should
> be 1; fixing."

I get that too. And I don't notice any problem beyond that. As far as I
know this is not an error. The code is from xserver/dix/dixfonts.c.

> Basicaly I seems that Xorg works when I use it along with KDE, but on
> some web sites like freedesktop.org some fonts are not displayed
> properly.

Install more fonts. Configure your system to use your preferred fonts
first. Try your KControl font installer. Maybe install Windows True Type
fonts (such as pkgsrc/fonts/ms-ttf).

Google about this and you will find many webpages about this.