What do do when neither cdrecord/burncd work for me anymore?

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Wed Sep 20 17:45:34 PDT 2006

Hi Matt,
I lost my usb stick ages ago, so I dont have one. However. My theory is
that cdrecord just plain sucks, that compatibility with dragonfly was
broken. So, I tried cdrdao; while totally useless for me since I dont
believe it can burn .iso images, at least it CAN blank the CD-RW disk im
using. cdrdao and cdrecord both use SCSI emulation. Would maybe a ktrace
be of any use to anyone?

With burncd, i believe its just broken :P Does FreeBSD6 have a new
version or something to try?

Petr

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Oh wait.  That might not work... cause you would have to remove the
    live CD to test burning a new one :-(
    Hmm.  Well, the issue here is still to somehow be able to test an
    older system to see if it was something we did or whether it is
    something else.

    Do you have any USB memory sticks ?  You might be able to copy a bootable
    system from an older live CD to a USB memory stick and boot from the
    memory stick, and that would free up the CD Rom drive to be able to test
    burncd.