crash dumps and slices (?)

Jonas Trollvik jontro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:52:51 PDT 2006

No worries. Gmail sorts everything out fine for me anyways =)

you could try to restore /var from the livecd in case you dont want to
reinstall the whole system. newfs and cpdup should be able to handle
this for you
Good luck!

//Jonas

On 9/20/06, Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jonas Trollvik wrote:
> Dumpdev should be set to the swap slice
That's what I misunderstood then (I am tired) and set it to /var. The
crash dump killed my FS, had to reinstall the system, because fsk could
not do anything to it in single user mode as well as running from the
livecd.
Thanks for the info, anyway.
P. S.: sorry for the direct reply, Jonas, I should not have touched any
computer today. :-)